- Customer: Fluvius
- Headquarters: Melle, Belgium
- Nr of employees: +/- 5000 employees
- Industry: Utilities (Electricity/Gaz/Sewage works)
- Technology: SAP Enable Now (SEN)
Goal: Fluvius’ ambition is to switch to a new learning culture and to train all internal and external employees in a fast and efficient way on the new SAP systems by using SAP Enable Now, for the creation of all IT related training material.
Challenges & scope
Within Fluvius there is a desire to switch quickly, efficiently and agile by training a large number of internal and external employees in the newly built SAP systems (Fluvia projects) over a short period of time.
To improve this, a support tool is being sought to create training material for this. With this customer challenge in mind, a Proof of Value (POV) has been set up, running from October 2019 to December 2019. During this POV, the scope was mainly to discover all facets of SAP Enable Now.
For several departments, such as HR and Purchasing, content has been created in various forms: e-learnings, simulations (and different modes), quizzes, guided tours (Web Assistant), documentation, MP4 videos, …
After a positive evaluation, the project has started again in February 2020.
The scope shifts to two major components:
SAP Enable Now implementation:
- IT setup: Single Sign-On, Web Assistant, connection with Fluvius LMS, workflow SAP EN,…
- Resources: resolutions, text styles, trainer, templates, documentation lay-out,…
- Amista ZEN Best Practice structure
- Training authors: training on Manager, Instant Producer, Producer, Workflow, …
- Write documentation: manuals, FAQs, …
Content creation with SAP Enable Now (SEN) for different departments:
- HR – SAP SuccessFactors
When implementing SAP Enable Now, we take the new learning culture within Fluvius into account, namely Learning 2.0. In this learning culture, a blended learning approach is chosen. Independent learning is central, with focus on "on-demand & just in time". The Fluvius employee can consult online content when he/she needs it and can view it at his own pace. Fluvius relies on various tools to create online content (e.g. short e-learnings), including SEN as an additional tool.
In addition to independent learning, classroom training remains part of the learning approach (blended). During these classroom trainings, the learners are given the opportunity to ask questions or to make exercises about the things they have already learned in the e-learnings. This classroom training is face to face, so it still feels familiar to the Fluvius employees.
The change in learning approach is therefore happening gradually, but the main focus is on independent learning. That is why this change must also be recognized when creating content with SEN.
Considering the new learning approach (Learning 2.0), the project team formulated an approach that we use at the start of content creation for a particular Fluvia project. Within Fluvius, a responsible (Product Owner SEN) has been appointed to hold intakes with the various Fluvia Projects. During these intakes, the SAP Enable Now tool and the approach of Fluvius Academy are explained. Then a meeting is organized with the different parties: Product Owner SEN, assigned Amista Consultant/employee Fluvius Academy, responsible Fluvia project, SPOCs, ... During this meeting a rough sketch is made of how the e-learning should look (based on mind mapping and storyboarding) and further arrangements are made.
- The product owner leads the intake and the first meeting. She sporadically takes part in the status meetings and assesses the end result.
- The person responsible for the Fluvia project ensures that the input from the SPOCs is delivered on time and monitors the status meetings & helps assess the final product.
- The SPOC’s provide the input to the SEN Consultant (employee Fluvius Academy and/or external Amista Consultant). Types of input: simulations (made with Instant Producer), texts, screenshots, quiz questions, … They support building the e-learning and assess the final product.
- The SPOCs are first trained in Instant Producer by the external Amista consultant and can ask questions afterward to this person.
- The SEN Consultant (employee Fluvius Academy and/or external Amista Consultant) creates the e-learning with SAP Enable Now (Producer) based on the input of the SPOCs. They optimize the simulations made by the SPOCs. They ask for feedback during the status meetings and apply any feedback. They are the point of contact for all questions regarding SAP Enable Now.
“The objective is to use SAP Enable Now as thé supporting tool for the creation and distribution of all IT and SAP related training material and Online Support Content (Web Assistant).”
Christel Heylen – Teamleider Opleiding Aansluitingen
An e-learning in combination with simulations and quiz/questions (left)
Guided tours in the Web Assistant (carrousel on the right)
We only published the simulations (in practice mode) on the Fluvius LMS (divided into target groups).
Conversion of standard training into e-Learning
- Blended Learning: The target audience gathers knowledge in various ways. In addition to the actual coaching and classical training, the project allows all employees to train themselves independently with available e-Learnings, instruction recordings, quizzes.
- One Learning Platform: All materials are stored on one Learning Management System that is accessible very easily through the Fluvius Intranet and has been structured clearly.
- Online support for all SAP applications: When using/working in a specific SAP transaction, the Web Assistant can be activated for immediate and urgent support.
- SPOCs: The SPOCs have an important role in providing input (simulations, knowledge). By working closely together with the SEN Consultants they feel involved in the project and feel engaged and motivated when giving training to the users of the department.
- Instant Producer available for all employees: By giving access to this tool, employees can build and share informal training material (such as simulations, work instructions, ….) with colleagues. SAP Enable Now is a user-friendly tool to replace all existing Word material (screenshots) into a more efficient way by making simulations.
"Thanks to the expertise of the Amista consultants, we succeeded to implement SAP Enable Now with all technical settings and Fluvius branded materials structured, based on the Amista ZEN Best Practice, so that Fluvius Academy can focus on the creation of combined e-Learnings."
Christel Heylen – Teamleider Opleiding Aansluitingen
In short, we can summarize the business outcomes of this project as follows:
- Gain in efficiency and productivity improvement: time to train employees is drastically reduced – in a short amount of time, we can train a lot of employees (at the same time)
- Decrease of classroom training costs
- A structured way of training internal and external employees
- Embraced digital learning culture within the organization
- E-Learning combined with Change Management leads to increased user adoption of new SAP systems
- One general overview in the Fluvius Intranet
Inspired by this case?
Do you wonder how to set up and manage your e-learning project?
Contact us and discover how your organization can benefit from digital learning when your staff is working from home!